Saturday, December 11, 2010

Movies Related to Christmas

Well as you've noticed Christmas is here! Like it or not! If you're froM the kind of people that they like to spend their Christmas at home holding a cup of hot chocolate and waching good movies then here you are. You know, just to find some peace and quiet! So in order to be satisfied you must have a good movie at hand! I'm presenting you some of my favourite films related to Christmas, hope you find one of them interesting:
  • Casper's Haunted Christmas. It might sound and look like it's some sort of stupid cartoun but it's not, in my opinion at least. The plot is simple: Kibosh, the King of Ghosts, decrees that Casper must scare someone before Christmas Day or he will be banished to The Dark. To make sure this happens, he confiscates the Ghostly Trio's Scare licenses and flings them to Kriss, Massachusetts where they meet the Jollimore Family. When Casper's good behavior starts to act up, the Ghostly Trio call in Casper's look-a-like cousin Spooky to do the job.

  • The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a classical movie for Christmas. Often promoted as Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, is a 1993 stop motion fantasy film directed by Henry Selick and produced/co-written by Tim Burton. It tells the story of Jack Skellington, a being from "Halloween Town" who opens a portal to "Christmas Town". I adore every work/movie etc Tim Burton has released. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is a must in my opinion.
  • I'm going easy on you. Thse are just cartouns. The next movie is more classical and has taken a great popularity since it was written. A Christmas Carol, written by Charles Dickens. The story tells of sour and stingy Ebenezer Scrooge's ideological, ethical, and emotional transformation after the supernatural visitations of Jacob Marley and the Ghosts of Christmas'es Past, Present, and Yet to Come. The novella met with instant success and critical acclaim. I've only read the book but it's still one of my favourites!
  • Last but not least, for the horror fans, I present you "Black X-mas", a horror movie. I don't really believe it's in the Christmas spirit but who cares? It's a nice movie. The plot focuses on an escaped maniac who returns to his childhood home on Christmas Eve, which is now a sorority house, and begins to murder the sorority sisters one by one.
I showed you a classic movie, a cartoun movie, a "must" movie and a horror movie to watch on Christmas! Hope you follow my advice and choose one of them to watch...if you haven't already!


   to all of you! (:
Irene(for short: Rena)

4 comments:

  1. I always end up watching some horrible movie at Christmas... Last year it was Mama Mia x_x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I've never watched it...I think it's kind of stupid, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it is a bit. I saw the stage version for it, which was okay, but when the movie came out the next year, I almost fell asleep in the cinema. D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah..it's pretty much girly! >.> :P

    ReplyDelete