Thursday, December 2, 2010

Whitby!!

The last post reminded me of something, I have to tell you guys about Whitby!

Well, over Halloween, I was having the time of my life at Whitby Gothic Weekend. It really is one of those 'you have to see it to believe it' kind of things. It really was surreal to see so many goths in one place. Whitby is one of those old Victorian towns with narrow cobbled streets, and there was one high street where you couldn't move for petticoats and wigs; it was so crowded it took us about ten minutes to make what should have been a two minute journey.

And now for some picture spam ;D




They did a Victorian funeral procession in the abbey, with horses, and an old-fashioned hearse and everything.

And I just wanted to add this one, because it's epically creepy. We had to look at these babies for ages before we realized they weren't real. I really hope they weren't real.

And finally, this is me with my friend Katie, who I love so much for coming with me. (I'm on the left)

Whitby is such an amazing experience for anyone, goth or not. And if you are goth, even better, you'll love it! If you can make it, I really recommend that you go. There's loads of markets, different events, and you WILL be asked to have your photo taken!

~Mess

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these. Also, this is the first time I have ever heard Theatre Des Vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the babies weren't real too...;D You're so lucky that something like this happenes to your country! I love evrything about Victorian style and ceremonies! When does this take place and where? O_O :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. MorganScorpion: No problem ;D

    Rena: I'm really gald I got to go too, because I live in London, which is right down south and Whitby is in the north of England, so it was a five hour car journey x] I'm lucky I have such a caring mother to take me to such places!! Here is the link for the Whitby Gothic Weekend website http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/

    There are two events every year, one in April, and one in October (for Halloween!!)

    May I ask what country you are from? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the link! It will be very useful. In 3-4 years (I'll be 18 by then) I'll definately come! I think that Whitby deserves the whole journey! I live in Greece, it's away from England and the journey lasts hours but who cares? By the way you look great in the picture there! O.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to Greece, it's lovely there!! Absolutely beautiful beaches and countryside <3

    I'll be 18 by then too xD We should have a big celebration up there or something ;D It's totally worth the journey!!

    And thank you :3 But if I'm honest, that's not my real hair... It's a wig :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? I know Greece is beautiful! Shall I ask which place in Greece did you visit? I wish I could come. It sounds amazing and I hope my friends can come with me! A wig? Never mind. You look great anyway. I love your outfit! Are you a goth in real life too? ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Crete, because my mum's sister in law has a massive house there, and at night you could see the lights from Agios Nikolaos in front of the sunset... It was so beautiful.

    I am goth in real life, but I tone it down slightly with my daily outfits ;D I'm not confident enough to go out like that ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been in Crete but it must be awesome! Yeah me neither...Especially at school! O.O What's your name in stardoll? So I can add you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm goth__girl_

    (I know it's an epic noob of a name, but I made the account when I was about 11 >.<)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha...never mind! My nickname is waaaaay worse than yours! It's jonas_16_17 I was obseseed with Nathan Jonas Jordison ( Joey Jordison) and I put just jonas. I tried to put nathan too but it said it was already taken and now everybody mistook it for the Jonas Brothers U.U

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really should be allowed to change your username...!!

    ReplyDelete